Overview & Values
We aim to provide a fully inclusive, broad and balanced curriculum that allows all pupils to develop the skills needed to feel empowered in all lessons, whether in maths as a mathematician, in art as an artist or in science as a scientist.
The Bedford curriculum approach is underpinned by the embedding of thinking skills, greater learner involvement and high standards. The development and skills progression in all subjects will be evident.
Key features of the curriculum at Bedford Primary School:
- Built upon prior learning and acquirement of skills, it is planned around the distinctive needs of our children
- Equality of opportunity for every single child in our care
- Enquiry based to promote curiosity, speaking and listening, the asking of questions and the ability to clearly articulate the learning that is taking place
- Embeds the application of basic skills (reading, writing and maths)
- Allows writing to be meaningfully embedded
- Makes purposeful links between subjects to make learning meaningful and relevant
- Underpinned by progress and clear outcomes to raise standards in all subjects
- Learning is relevant, exciting and brings the world into our classrooms
- Embodies the latest thinking about quality learning and brain-based learning.
Curriculum Core Values
Our Bedford Curriculum is underpinned by our core values. These are the things that
all staff drive with relentless consistency from the moment your child joins Bedford Primary.
We want our curriculum to be a place where children are inspired to learn, reach their full potential and believe that they can be something and make a difference.
The skills that we want to see in all of our children in every lesson are listed below:
How will we nurture and develop these skills? The ‘Core Values’ that we guarantee in our teaching here at Bedford are detailed below. These values form the basis of our teaching and learning policy.
We also value the importance of and impact that first hand real life experiences have upon children’s education and have built a variety of visits and residential visits into the exciting new curriculum.
If you wish to find out more about the curriculum we are following please contact our school using the information on the link below.