Welcome to Year 3
Our Year 3 Staff:
Mrs Armstrong - Class Teacher/Lower KS2 Phase Leader
Mrs Lopez - Class Teacher
Mrs Gingell - Teaching Assistant
Mrs McCann - Teaching Assistant
Please come and see us with any queries and let us know if we can support you in any way.
What we expect in year 3:
- Children to be reading a variety of different text types (newspapers, instructions, recipes, non-fiction text etc) for at least 10 minutes everyday. Parents need to sign in Reading records.
- Children to have their book bag in school EVERYDAY
- Children to practice their times tables most days
- Children to practice HFW from the Tricky Word Wall
- Children to practice Bedford Handwriting at home
- Children to have a Bedford PE kit in school at all times (Indoor - plain white T-shirt, blue or black shorts and pumps - outdoor - tracksuit and trainers)
- Children to bring their water bottles filled every morning and take it home every evening.
- Spellings will be sent home on a Monday. Please help your child to learn them by Friday. SPELLING BOOKS NEED TO BE RETURNED TO SCHOOL EVERY FRIDAY.