Welcome To Year 5
Our class texts this year:
Autumn Term: The Vanishing Rainforest
Spring Term: Street Child
Summer Term: Oranges in No Man's Land
What we expect in year 5:
- Children to be reading a variety of different text types (newspapers, instructions, recipes, non-fiction text etc) for at least 10 minutes everyday. Parents need to sign in Reading records.
- Children to have their book bag in school EVERYDAY
- Children to practice their times tables most days
- Children to practice HFW from the Tricky Word Wall
- Children to practice Bedford Handwriting at home
- Children to have a Bedford PE kit in school at all times (Indoor - plain white T-shirt, blue or black shorts and pumps - outdoor - tracksuit and trainers)
- Children to bring their water bottles filled every morning and take it home every evening.
- Homework to be completed and handed in every Wednesday. Homework must be presented to a high standard and completed in a pencil.