Welcome to Year 5!
Our Year 5 staff:
Mr McCormick – Class Teacher
Miss Duffy – Class Teacher
Mrs Ward – Teaching Assistant
Please come and see us with any queries and let us know if we can support you in any way.
What we expect in year 5:
- Children to be reading a variety of different text types (newspapers, instructions, recipes, non-fiction text etc) for at least 10 minutes everyday. Parents need to sign in Reading records.
- Children to have their book bag in school EVERYDAY
- Children to practice their times tables most days
- Children will be given spellings on Monday to practice at home. Spelling books need to be returned on a Friday ready for their spelling test.
- Chiildren to practice Bedford Handwriting at home
- Children to have a Bedford PE kit in school at all times (Indoor - plain white T-shirt, blue or black shorts and pumps - outdoor - black sweatshirt, black/navy blue jogging bottoms, old trainers)
- Children to bring their water bottles filled every morning and take it home every evening