Welcome to our Year 1 Page!
Meet the team:
Providing the very best education and care are:
- Mrs Rowlands-Malone, Year 1 Teacher/KS1 manager
- Miss Wishart, Year 1 Teacher
- Mrs Hancock, Year 1 HLTA
- Mrs Johnson, Year 1 Teaching Assistant (part time)
- Mrs Coleman, Year 1 Teaching Assistant
You can contact us via this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org We aim to respond to any messages within 24 hours. If you require support or a more urgent response, please call the school office of 0151 9221467. Your enquiry or request will then be forwarded to the member of staff who can provide you with the best level of support, at the earliest possible time.
Click on the Twitter logo or use this link to visit our page. https://twitter.com/year1bedford1
Important Year 1 Information:
- Class 1R, please wear your PE kit to school on: Tuesday (indoor) Thursday (outdoor)
- Class 1W, please wear your PE kit to school on: Tuesday (indoor) Thursday (outdoor)
- To enable us to change reading books regularly, please bring your bookbag to school every day
- To stay hydrated, you need to bring a water bottle into school every day
Year 1 Key Documentation:
Remote & Blended Learning
Helping Your Child at Home:
Bedford is a reading school. We place books and high quality texts at the heart of our curriculum. Confident and fluent reading is the key that opens many doors in learning and life. We cannot stress enough how important regular reading practice is. Finding books or other reading materials that your child enjoys is key to finding success.
Your teacher will also suggest relevant activities to use.
Spelling list for Year 1
Choose a word. Can you use it correctly in a sentence?
Last year's Year 1 children share their top tips for reading at home...
What should I do if I see something upsetting online?
Stop – If you see something you don’t like, then don’t click on it. If something appears during a video
you are watching, close it.
Think – Remember, you are safe. Don't answer any messages that are upsetting. Only kind and sensible things should be shared online.
Share – TELL a trusted adult as soon as you can so that they can block and report anything upsetting.
For further information visit our Bedford Staying Safe pages