Welcome to the Year 6 learning at home page
This page has been developed to support families who are currently at home for a sustained period (due to self-isolation, social distancing etc). This page will be updated each week to ensure that your child has instant and immediate access to learning opportunities that are current and reflective of the learning that is taking place in school.
During any time away from school, please do not feel under any pressure to complete all of the activities. Find a routine that suits the needs of your family. We cannot stress enough the importance of daily reading. See below for 7 top tips to support reading at home.
Thank you from all of us in Team Year 6
You can contact us via the email address below.
We aim to respond to any messages within 24 hours
Spelling list for Years 5 & 6
Choose a word. Can you use it correctly in a sentence?
Below are the Knowledge Organiser we are currently using in Science. A Knowledge Organiser is a document which shows the key vocabulary, facts and concepts that we want children to fully understand and be able to discuss by the end of the unit. A Knowledge Organiser also gives children a chance to do some further research and reading at home. An important part of learning is recalling and remembering these key words and facts. Quick, fun quizzes and regular revision and discussion at home will support your child to embed this essential information. Every time your child recalls a fact, the easier it is for the brain to find and remember the next time!
Click on the image to visit the Bitesize page. There are four videos and some have quizzes/fill in the gap tasks to have a go at. See what you can recall and remember! We have done one together but an additional recap will help you with the task and challenge set below
- Click on the angel logo above to log-in. Log in where it says 'FREE if your school uses Languae Angels'. If you save your details you will only have to enter these details once.
- Select Unit 3 (Intermediate Level) 'Me presento' - presenting myself
- Read the very short lesson summary before choosing lessons 1-5
- Click the play arrow to start the lesson.
- Click on the speaker icon (on screen) at any time to hear the spoken Spanish word or phrase
- Click 'previous' or 'next' at any point to move through the lesson.
- There is a key language document below that may be useful.