Home Learning Year 3 Weekly Timetable - Week Beginning 6.7.20
Our latest Bedford Bugle
Spanish - Using Language Angels
Click on the link below to visit our languages page. Everything you need to complete Unit 1: Puedo (I can) is there.
Home learning support
Home Learning Support
Each Monday a timetable will be given for the week with suggested year group specific activities to complete each day. The activities are designed to consolidate the aspects of the Year 3 curriculum we have already covered, which means the children should be able to access independently. Click on the PDF document(s) above to access all of the information you need. There are also helpful links below that will take you to different sites or pages of the website.
Please do not feel under any pressure to complete all activities set for each day, you need to find a routine that suits the needs of your family. We cannot stress enough the importance of daily reading. At the moment, there are lots of online Education platforms (especially on Youtube) that are offering lessons the children can complete independently.
Links will still be on the main home learning page of the website https://www.bedfordprimary.co.uk/activities-to-support-learning-at-home/ to allow you access to a wide range of other home learning opportunities including art, music, science, history, geography, creative writing, handwriting and languages. There are also some great reading/author links on this page.
If you have any urgent concerns please email us on Year3and4.firstname.lastname@example.org The inbox will be checked each school day and we will aim to respond within 24 hours
From 20 April, you’ll be able to access daily lessons in English and Maths, as well as other core subjects, in an expanded version of the BBC website and also on special programmes broadcast on BBC iPlayer and BBC Red Button.
New Maths and English lessons will be available every day for all ages. The content of these lessons will be backed up by videos, practice tests, educational games and articles. Regular lessons on other subjects, including science, will also be available. Families can get advice on home-schooling and the Bitesize website will also have guides for pupils with SEN (special educational needs).
Lessons On Screen
BBC iPlayer and the Red Button service will host Bitesize Daily. These are six different 20 minute shows, each designed to target a specific age group, from ages five to 14, and for pupils throughout the UK. Experts and teachers will be involved, covering what should be learned that day for the different year groups and key stages. Maths, Science and English will be covered in dedicated programmes, and other subjects such as History, Geography, Music and Art will also be covered.
- Oxford Owl Spelling https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/Click on 'my class login'
- Read Theory https://readtheory.org/auth/login
- White Rose https://whiterosemaths.com/homelearning
- Maths challenge page (Mon & Wed) https://www.bedfordprimary.co.uk/maths-challenge
- Purple Mash (Tues & Thurs) https://www.purplemash.com/login/
- Keeping active at home https://www.bedfordprimary.co.uk/keeping-active-at-home/
- Well-being activities to enjoy at home https://www.bedfordprimary.co.uk/well-being-activities-to-enjoy-at-home/
Thank you for joining us on this journey - we love having you with us!
Our Year 3 Team
Mrs K Armstrong, Teacher/Lower KS2 Phase Leader (Part time)
Mrs J McManus, Year 3 Teacher (Part time)
Mrs A Lopez-Thomas, Year 3 Teacher
Mrs I Harden, Teaching Assistant
Miss E Nicholson, SEN Teaching Assistant, Y3 and Y5
How our Families can support children in Year 3
- Children to be reading a variety of different text types (newspapers, instructions, recipes, non-fiction, text, etc) for at least 10 minutes every day. Please can Parents/Carers remember to sign Reading Records. Don't forget to ask your child questions about what they have read.
- Children to have their book bag in school every day
- Children to practise their times tables most days using TT Rockstars
- Children to practise Bedford Handwriting at home
- Children to have a Bedford PE kit in school at all times (Indoor: plain white T-shirt, blue or black shorts and pumps. Outdoor: plain white t-shirt, black sweatshirt, black or navy blue jogging bottoms and trainers)
- Children to bring their water bottles filled every morning and take it home every evening