Home Learning Year 2 weekly Timetable - Week Beginning 6.7.20
Our Latest Bedford Bugle
Previous home learning timetables
Home Learning Support
Each Monday a timetable will be given for the week with suggested year group specific activities to complete each day. The activities are designed to consolidate the aspects of the Year 2 curriculum we have already covered, which means the children should be able to access independently. Click on the PDF document(s) above to access all of the information that you need. There are also helpful links below that will take you to different sites or pages of the website.
Please do not feel under any pressure to complete all activities set for each day, you need to find a routine that suits the needs of your family. We cannot stress enough the importance of daily reading.
Links will still be on the main home learning page of the website https://www.bedfordprimary.co.uk/activities-to-support-learning-at-home/ to allow you access to a wide range of other home learning opportunities including art, music, science, history, geography, creative writing, handwriting and languages. There are also some great reading/author links on this page.
If you have any urgent concerns please email us: Year1and2.email@example.com The inbox will be checked each school day and we will aim to respond within 24 hours
From 20 April, you’ll be able to access daily lessons in English and Maths, as well as other core subjects, in an expanded version of the BBC website and also on special programmes broadcast on BBC iPlayer and BBC Red Button.
New Maths and English lessons will be available every day for all ages. The content of these lessons will be backed up by videos, practice tests, educational games and articles. Regular lessons on other subjects, including science, will also be available. Families can get advice on home-schooling and the Bitesize website will also have guides for pupils with SEN (special educational needs).
Lessons On Screen
BBC iPlayer and the Red Button service will host Bitesize Daily. These are six different 20 minute shows, each designed to target a specific age group, from ages five to 14, and for pupils throughout the UK. Experts and teachers will be involved, covering what should be learned that day for the different year groups and key stages. Maths, Science and English will be covered in dedicated programmes, and other subjects such as History, Geography, Music and Art will also be covered.
Please share your Home Learning with us here: https://twitter.com/BedfordYear2
- Read Write Inc Youtube Channel (for Speed Sound lessons): https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo7fbLgY2oA_cFCIg9GdxtQ
- Oxford Owl Spelling https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/Click on 'my class login'
- White Rose https://whiterosemaths.com/homelearning
- Maths challenge page (Mon & Wed) https://www.bedfordprimary.co.uk/maths-challenge
- Purple Mash (Tues & Thurs) https://www.purplemash.com/login/
- Keeping active at home https://www.bedfordprimary.co.uk/keeping-active-at-home/
- Well-being activities to enjoy at home https://www.bedfordprimary.co.uk/well-being-activities-to-enjoy-at-home/
Thank you for joining us on this journey - we love having you with us!
Our Year 2 Team
Mrs J Boulton, Teacher (Part time)
Mrs N King, Teacher
Mrs A Baruch, SEN Support
Mrs L Gingell, PPA release
Mrs N Reddie, Teaching Assistant
Miss J Lloyd, SEN Support Teaching Assistant (Part time)
Mrs C Watson, SEN Support Teacher, Year 2 Teacher and PPA/SMT Release (Part time)
Mrs J Bollen, SEN support
How our Families can support children in Year 2
- Children to read at home every night. Parents are expected to sign their children's reading record and record the pages they have read at home
- Children to have their book bag and reading record in school everyday
- Children to complete any homework set and return it to school on time
- Children to have a Bedford PE kit in school at all times (indoor: plain white t-shirt, blue or black shorts and pumps. Outdoor: plain white t-shirt, plain black sweatshirt, plain black or navy blue jogging bottoms and trainers)
- Children to bring their water bottle to school, filled, every morning and take it home every evening